Is nexti confused by pushq?

David Griffiths dgriffiths@undo.io
Mon Feb 25 15:40:00 GMT 2019

Hi, when I get to the following instructions:

  0x00007fffe192413e: rex.W pushq 0x28(%rsp)
  0x00007fffe1924143: rex.W popq (%rsp)
  0x00007fffe1924147: callq  0x00007fffe1045de0

and do "nexti" at the first, it doesn't stop at the second but instead acts
as though I'd done "continue". For some reason I can't reproduce with a
little test though.

(gdb 8.1 on Ubuntu 16.04)

BTW I'm doing nexti programmatically and trying to avoid looking at the

Cheers,

David

--

David Griffiths, Senior Software Engineer

Undo <https://undo.io> | Resolve even the most challenging software defects
with software flight recorder technology

Software reliability report: optimizing the software supplier and customer
relationship
<https://info.undo.io/software-reliability-report-optimizing-supplier-and-customer-relationship>