Proposal: Drop GDB support for Python versions < 2.6

André Pönitz apoenitz@t-online.de
Wed Feb 20 23:26:00 GMT 2019

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 03:11:45PM -0700, Kevin Buettner wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 21:44:39 +0000
> Jan Vrany <jan.vrany@fit.cvut.cz> wrote:
>
> > Actually, I'd even be fine with more radical move, dropping support
> > for 2.x altogether. Python 2.7 support will end in less a year
> > from now anyway.
>
> I'm not ready to drop support for all of 2.X.

Out of curiosity: Why?

I.e. are there realistic scenarios where people actively use GDB's Python
interface (in this context here I am tempted to call it a fairly "recent"
addition to GDB, the first commit seems to be dated Aug 6, 2008), but are
not able to use it with Python 3.x (3.0 released on Dec 3, also 2008)?

Andre'