Proposal: Drop GDB support for Python versions < 2.6

André Pönitz apoenitz@t-online.de
Wed Feb 20 22:58:00 GMT 2019

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 04:29:35PM -0500, Paul Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 2019-02-20 at 13:45 -0700, Kevin Buettner wrote:
> > Going even further, since 2.6 is no longer supported by the Python
> > community, I'd also be okay with saying that GDB only supports Python
> > 2.7 and Python 3.X.
>
> Don't know if anyone cares, but as a heavy user of Python support in
> GDB, I'm fine with this.  As long as GDB still supports Python 2.7 it's
> A-OK with me.

As a data point: the Qt Creator IDE which uses GDB's Python interface
extensively when using GDB as backed, dropped support for Python <= 2.6 in
September 2015 and never received a single complaint about it.

Andre'