gdbserver sparc solaris

Brian Vandenberg phantall@gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 19:31:00 GMT 2019

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 9:12 PM Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com> wrote:

> > Is it possible to make gdb act like gdbserver?
>
> Why not debug directly on the machine, then?

My apologies if my wording wasn't clear:

> > This all came about due to some GDB crashes we're seeing with a very
> > complicated executable.  I haven't had the time to try to figure out why
> > it's crashing, instead just limping by with dbx until I have more time.
> > was just hoping for an easy way out until I have more free time.

GDB is crashing when trying to debug directly on the machine and I haven't
had the time to dive in to figure out why; we've had to limp along using
dbx from Solaris Studio in the mean-time.  I had hoped if I could get
remote debugging to work perhaps the problem wouldn't manifest or would
help shed light on the problem by causing a different problem.

-brian