gdbserver sparc solaris

Brian Vandenberg phantall@gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 01:41:00 GMT 2019

I'm trying to build a version of gdb that can run on x86 Linux for
debugging binaries running on a sparc solaris host.

What I have right now is an x86 linux hosted gdb that allows me to debug
core dumps from a process running on a sparc solaris host.

When I try to build gdbserver for that platform it says that host type
isn't supported.

Is it possible to get gdbserver to work on sparc solaris?  Is there an
alternative to gdbserver?  I know about the stubs, but that's aimed at
embedded devices.  In my situation there's typically 40-50 processes
running that I may want to attach to at any time.

-brian