GDB doesn't interrupt target

Jonah Graham jonah@kichwacoders.com
Thu Dec 19 14:47:00 GMT 2019

On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 at 09:22, Pedro Alves <palves@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 12/19/19 1:10 PM, Tudor Popescu wrote:
> > Indeed the "interrupt" works on Debugger Console, as for the Suspend,
> the console prints a "^CQuit" just as when killing.
> This suggests that the suspend button is sending a SIGINT to GDB instead of
> issing an -exec-interrupt command on the MI channel.  (MI's -exec-interrupt
> command is the equivalent of the "interrupt" command on the console.)

Thank you Pedro for confirming.

Tudor, where did you get your Eclipse from? If it is a fairly recent and
unmodified/extended CDT I should be able to reproduce this, but I am going
to need some more details on exactly how you are using it. Which type of
launch are you doing for example. If you are using (or writing) a vendor
extension to CDT it could be that the vendor has overridden the
implementation of RunControl.suspend() that is in used
by GDBRunControl_7_12 for GDB >= 7.12.

Please raise a bug <https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=CDT> in
CDT with the details and I can look at it further.

Thanks,
Jonah