building GDB 9.0.50.20191206

Wadud Miah wadud.miah@nag.co.uk
Thu Dec 12 14:22:00 GMT 2019

Hi Joel,

Thanks for the information. I was able to build it without the server by using the keep going make flag:

make --keep-going

I need GDB version 9.0.50 for its ability to pipe GDB commands to Linux commands. At least I now know that I am not doing anything wrong :-)

Cheers,
Wadud.

-----Original Message-----
From: gdb-owner@sourceware.org <gdb-owner@sourceware.org> On Behalf Of Joel Brobecker
Sent: 12 December 2019 14:10
To: Wadud Miah <wadud.miah@nag.co.uk>
Cc: gdb@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: building GDB 9.0.50.20191206

Hello,

> I am trying to build GDB 9.0.50.20191206 from source and am getting the following error:
>
> configure: error: source directory already configured; run "make distclean" there first
> configure: error: .././../../gnulib/configure failed for build-gnulib-gdbserver
> configure: error: ./configure failed for gdbserver
> make[1]: *** [Makefile:9534: configure-gdb] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/src/gdb-9.0.50.20191206'
> make: *** [Makefile:852: all] Error 2
>
> I don't need the server component of GDB as I will be debugging locally, but could not find any option in the configure script to disable the building of the server component. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Let me point you to the message I sent following the announcement of
the availability of the first pre-release:
https://www.sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2019-12/msg00451.html

I apologize for the message about the branch being created not
but that's because these are automated, and I didn't know about
that issue at the time the branch was created.

--
Joel

Disclaimer

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is:

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business.