How to Run autoconf on sim/erc32 directory

Joel Sherrill joel@rtems.org
Wed Oct 24 21:02:00 GMT 2018

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 3:32 PM Simon Marchi <simon.marchi@polymtl.ca>
wrote:

> On 2018-10-24 14:47, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have a patch I want to try on Cygwin but I don't seem to have the
> > proper
> > auto-fu to generate configure.
> >
> > Help on the auitoconf command appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks.
>

> Hi Joel,
>
> I take it you have changed sim/erc32/configure.ac (or another file that
> goes in making sim/erc32/configure) and you want to re-generate
> sim/erc32/configure?  In that case, you just need to go in the sim/erc32
> and run "autoconf" ("autoconf -f" may sometimes be useful if autoconf
> doesn't realize some things have changed).
>
> You should use the same version of autoconf as the version that
> generated the current configure.  As you can see in the header, this is
> autoconf 2.69:
>
>    # Generated by GNU Autoconf 2.69.
>
> Some Linux distributions have local patches to autoconf, which results
> in spurious diffs when re-generating configure.  If that happens, try to
> build and use autoconf from upstream.

I decided to take a shot that Cygwin was the trouble. I moved the patch to
Linux, ran autoconf and copied the configure back to Cygwin. My change
worked fine.

This only depended on autoconf 2.69 and the RTEMS version has
no patches.

Thank you. Patch coming shortly