internal-error: target_xfer_partial: Assertion `*xfered_len > 0' failed

Christo christo.crause@gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 04:36:00 GMT 2018

On Wed, 2018-05-30 at 22:09 +0200, Christo wrote:
> I get this error both on avr-gdb 7.10.1 (Installed by Linux Mint) and gdb 8.0 (which I
> compiled
> from source).  I don't see this error if I don't load the file with debug info into gdb. Also
> no
> error if I use gdb 7.0.1 or 6.6 (both also compiled by me).

I tested on gdb 8.1 compiled for AVR and still see "Saw new packet start in middle of old one"
message, but now gdb seems to ignore the packet error and just continue without the internal
error message.  I still would like to know where the problem is so that it can be fixed, else
gdb may end up with incomplete information of the flash memory content on the controller.