How to use -list-target-features MI command

Jan Vrany jan.vrany@fit.cvut.cz
Mon Apr 9 14:22:00 GMT 2018

Hi there,

I need to know (in advance) whether the target supports async
mode or not.
I know that -list-target-features can be used for that, but
not sure when and how to use -list-target-features.

The documentation says:

"Whenever a target can change, due to commands such as -target-select,
-target-attach or -exec-run, the list of target features may change,
and the frontend should obtain it again."

However, once I issue `-exec-run` using a target with no async mode
support, I will not get the result of -list-target-feature before
debugee stops.

Another problem is that user may enter CLI command manually. In case,
how do I find out that target may have changed and I should check for
features?

Could you give me any advice on how and when to correctly check for
target features?

Thanks a lot!

Jan