Issue with Latest GDB on AIX with GCC-6.12

Pedro Alves palves@redhat.com
Wed Jan 25 14:44:00 GMT 2017

On 01/25/2017 02:37 PM, Yao Qi wrote:
> On 17-01-25 13:52:49, Pedro Alves wrote:
>>
>> So I'm out of ideas.  It looks like a toolchain/runtime bug
>> to me.
>>

> Hi Pedro,
> GDB on AIX (at least gcc119) is broken since Nov 2016 at least.
> https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2016-11/msg00023.html
>
> I tried to debug libgcc on exception unwinding (in assembly!).  I
> have a vague memory that unwinder stops unwinding after one or two
> frames.  I suspect either gcc generate wrong .eh_frame or libgcc
> is buggy.  That is where I stopped.

Ah, I recalled some previous discussion, but somehow
got confused and thought that it had been fixed at the time,
and then thought this could have been a regression due to
the more recent noexcept addition.  Oh well.

Thanks,
Pedro Alves