GDB build failure when using latest (ToT) GCC

Steve Ellcey sellcey@caviumnetworks.com
Mon Feb 27 19:51:00 GMT 2017

I am building the ToT gdb with a ToT GCC and getting this error:

../../../src/binutils-gdb/gdb/remote.c: In function ‘int remote_add_target_side_
condition(gdbarch*, bp_target_info*, char*, char*)’:
../../../src/binutils-gdb/gdb/remote.c:9668:8: error: types may not be defined i
n a for-range-declaration [-fpermissive]
   for (struct agent_expr *aexpr : bp_tgt->conditions)
        ^~~~~~
Makefile:1898: recipe for target 'remote.o' failed

Does anyone know how to change this code so that GCC will not complain?
I am not familiar with C++ for ranges.  I get a bunch of warnings too, but this
is a hard error that stops my compilation.  Yes, I can use -fpermissive but I
would rather not and this will need to be fixed when GCC 7.X comes out.

Steve Ellcey
sellcey@cavium.com