Issue with Latest GDB on AIX with GCC-6.12

Nitish Kumar Mishra mishra.nitish.88@gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 15:38:00 GMT 2017

Hi David !

>Who built GCC 6.1 for you?  Is this an IBM build or Bull Freeware?
IBM does not have GCC-6 build yet, and generally Bull's rpm breaks our
environment. I took it from perzl.org.
But now I have tested it with Bull's RPM, static linking still not
working but removing --static-libstdc++ and --static-libgcc
is working for me as well.
Now, I will run the testsuite and will paste the result once it's finished.

I disabled the static options manually. I don't see any configure
option for disabling the static linking. I tried with one configure
option --disable-libstdcxx, but I dont think it will lead to dynamic
linking. Anyways, for me, using this option --disable-libstdcxx
was giving compilation error, saying, "ld soes not support target".

Thanks,
Nitish