Frame.pc () python function returns a 64-bit value on with a 32-bit mips target

Cedric Jehasse cedric.jehasse@gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 08:32:00 GMT 2017

Hi,

i have built gdb from git configured with ./configure --target=mipsisa32-elf.
I use gdb to connect to openocd which is connected using JTAG to a
32-bit little endian mips.

When i to use the python api to print the pc, it prints a 64-bit
address with the upper 32-bits set to 0xffffffff. Eg.
(gdb) python print hex(gdb.newest_frame().pc())
0xffffffff803453fcL

The addresses printed in gdb's cli are all 32-bit.

Is there something wrong in my configuration?

Thanks,
Cedric