GDB Python extension on AIX

Joel Brobecker brobecker@adacore.com
Fri Aug 19 05:49:00 GMT 2016

> I'm not sure what a "standard" location is on AIX.  I was using the
> Bull Freeware installation of Python in /opt/freeware.
>
> Was the Python installation found and recognized on your AIX system?
> Until some of my more recent changes, GDB configure did not consider
> the installation correct to try to build the GDB feature.

In our case, we configure GDB with --with-python=/path/to/python,
so it doesn't need to be a location that the configury would find
by itself. In your case, I think what's happening is that you have
/opt/freeware/bin in your PATH, and that allows the GDB configury
to find that python and therefore use it.

--
Joel