Remote response to xmlRegisters?

Pedro Alves palves@redhat.com
Thu Nov 19 11:24:00 GMT 2015

We've already discussed this on IRC, but for the benefit of others
finding this in the archives ...

On 11/18/2015 09:06 AM, Juha Aaltonen wrote:
> What should a remote respond to 'qSupported' that has
> 'xmlRegisters=i386' when remote wants to give its target description?

xmlRegisters=i386 merely serves as indication that gdb understands i386
target descriptions.  That was something added in order to allow
stubs/gdbserver to be backwards compatible with older gdb's
that _didn't_ understand i386 target descriptions.

> I obviously didn't respond right, because gdb never asked for the
> target description.

What you need to do is to include 'qXfer:features:read+' in the
stub's qSupported reply, and then implement the qXfer:features:read
packet.

Thanks,
Pedro Alves