Is there single step debugging support being added to aarch64-linux?
Yao Qi
qiyaoltc@gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 12:51:00 GMT 2015
Prafull Suryawanshi <prafull.net@gmail.com> writes:
> I am not sure why hw stepper not works here (might be limitation of hw
> I am using).
You'd better to check whether hw single step doesn't work in your case.
> That is may be the infrun loops as it never gets stop signal. (the
> output I earlier pasted).
> Is it ok to provide patch for software single step like arm here?
We only implement software single step on the targets don't have
hardware single step capability, like arm.
> (I am preparing one. It will have simulate aarch64 instruction set and
> implement aarch64 version of functions of
> arm_linux_software_single_step, arm_insert_single_step_breakpoint and
> arm_get_next_pc.)
Before you start it, better to get the reason why hw single step doesn't
work on aarch64.
--
Yao (齐尧)
More information about the Gdb
mailing list