Auto-load safe-path and auto-load scripts-directory on Windows

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil@redhat.com
Sat Aug 29 11:24:00 GMT 2015

On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 10:55:34 +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> I've noticed that the default values of these 2 path lists use ':' as
> directory separator, even on MS-Windows.  Isn't that a bug?

Yes, that seems a bug to me.  I have no idea if configure is used for Mingw
and I guess ':' works for Cygwin.  So I still do not see how to fix that.

> Btw, the name of the variable "auto-load scripts-directory" is
> misleading, as it really is a PATH-style list of directories, not a
> single directory.

In these cases I follow the rule:
	https://stackoverflow.com/questions/338156/table-naming-dilemma-singular-vs-plural-names

Besides that for example 'set debug-file-directory' originally allowed only
one directory but for some years it allows a PATH-style list of directories.
Should it be therefore the old option name deprecated + renamed?

Jan