GDB on Mac OS

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe@elis.ugent.be
Wed Aug 12 13:53:00 GMT 2015

Paul_Koning wrote on Wed, 12 Aug 2015:

> On Aug 11, 2015, at 11:12 PM, Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com> wrote:
>
>>  - for actual debugging of a live inferior, the debugger needs
>>    to be codesigned - try with a simple example first to see
>>    if you can run a program and break somewhere.
>
> So is that the reason why so many tests fail?  I know of the
> codesigning requirement from actually using the debugger (or rather,
> answering the prompt for my password, which is the alternative).

It's not the alternative, both are required. You won't even get to the
password prompt without a codesigned binary.

> Where would I look for information on how to do this?

https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/BuildingOnDarwin

In particular also note the addendum regarding taskgated: you also
have to add the -p option to that LaunchDaemon plist and reboot before
gdb will work for non-root users on OS X 10.9 and 10.10.

Jonas