ChangeLogs in commit messages

Sergio Durigan Junior sergiodj@redhat.com
Wed Sep 3 21:22:00 GMT 2014

On Wednesday, September 03 2014, I wrote:

> While I understand the reasons for git to do that, I find it a bit
> annoying to be "deceived" this way, and not have the push date readily
> available in the commit message.  Maybe there's an easy way to recover
> this information from git (though I couldn't find it), and if there is,
> then disconsider my message.  However, there doesn't seem to be any
> straightforward way to recover the push date.

Siva Chandra kindly pointed to me that gitweb manages to figure out the
actual push date.  So I did a little more research on git-log's manpage,
and saw that there is a "--pretty=fuller" option which shows the push
date.

I am OK with this, so if you want, disconsider my request.  OTOH, if you
have an opinion about I proposed, I'd still would like to hear.

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 0x65FC5E36