Is gdb script execution intended to work this way in async mode?

Pedro Alves palves@redhat.com
Mon Mar 24 20:04:00 GMT 2014

On 03/22/2014 12:13 AM, Doug Evans wrote:
> Hi.
> If I source a script in target-async mode, non-asynchronous execution
> commands "finish" immediately in the sense that the following command
> in the script is done before the previous command has completed (in
> the expected sense - the command completes immediately, so to speak,
> but continuations are registered to perform the rest of the command,
> e.g. to keep stepping until a "next" has fully completed).
>
> I hope this is a bug.

Yes.  set target-async on/off is supposed to be transparent.
The only difference should be that "set target-async on" enables more
features.  I thought this was fixed, but looks like not...
Sounds like we forget to clear interpreter_async while running
the script?

--
Pedro Alves