[GDB Wiki] Add editor privilege control

Frank Ch. Eigler fche@redhat.com
Sun Mar 2 15:35:00 GMT 2014

Hi -

stanshebs wrote:

> [...]  If we were getting multiple spams per day, limiting to
> registered members would make sense, but right now it doesn't seem
> necessary. [...]

With the present scheme, effective spam fighting requires ongoing
manual operations by you / tromey / whoever.

Plus, the present scheme enables any spammer to create a moinmoin
userid, create a junk page, then leave.  The problem is that every
such junk user bogs the wiki software down more and more: there are
some 4000 now, with 10+/day new ones coming.  (Over at gcc/glibc,
before a cleanup, we had almost a hundred thousand (!), which was
enough to cause cgi/http timeouts to valid users.)  Cleaning *those*
up is difficult without a whitelist such as the EditorGroup.

- FChE