Is it possible to statically link python into gdb?

Hector Oron hector.oron@gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 15:29:00 GMT 2014

Hello,

>> Wouldn't it be better if python was loaded as external plugin, that
>> way user/admin can pick up which python version they want to use along
>> GDB.
>
> The answer to that question depends on what your constraints are.

I tried to explain my constraints in second paragraph, as I got users
wanting to use python2 and other python3 with gdb.
Do you know if FSF GDB provides the infrastructure or interfaces to be
able to load python as plugin?

Regards
--