How to update an old GDBServer to implement gdb/mi?

Fabricio de Novaes Kucinskis fabricio@satelite.dea.inpe.br
Sat Jun 21 00:52:00 GMT 2014

Hello all, this is my first message here. Please let me know if it should be
sent to a different list.

I have a SPARC V7 processor with an old GDB Server implemented for cross-
debugging. In order to debug my software with a modern front-end such as the
Eclipse CDT, I have to update this server to use the MI interface.

I know reasonably well my old GDB Server implementation, but I have no idea what
changes I have to apply in order to support the MI interface.

So I'd like to ask: from were should I start? Can someone send me usefull tips
or links for this task?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Fabrício Kucinskis.