Making GDB recognize the Haskell DWARF source language ID

Joel Brobecker brobecker@adacore.com
Fri Feb 28 16:33:00 GMT 2014

> We recently added DWARF output support to GHC, the main Haskell
> compiler. However, GDB doesn't seem to respect the function names we
> output as DWARF debug info and instead falls back to the symbol names.
> My understanding is that this is due to the DWARF source language ID
> we emit isn't recognized by GDB. Is this correct and, if so, how do we
> remedy the situation?

I am wondering if your issue might go deeper than just recognizing
the language, but instead actually implement haskell support within
GDB. Hard to tell without more details of what's going on. Perhaps
a copy/past of a debugger sessions, annotated with what you would
have expected would help give you more details.

--
Joel