[URGENT] Ideas for Google Summer of Code

Sergio Durigan Junior sergiodj@redhat.com
Fri Feb 21 18:53:00 GMT 2014

On Friday, February 21 2014, Pedro Alves wrote:

> Or even before commit -- it would be nice if it were super easy
> to run the ari at any time.  Something like "make check-ari".

The original idea described in the wiki is to integrate the ARI into
"make check", or create a "make check-ari", as you said.

> On the subject, the Linux kernel has this checkpatch.pl script
> that automates checking a patch for common issues.  Porting that
> (or rewrite something along those lines) for GNU/GDB would be
> super neat, I think.

Yeah, that is the first thing I thought, too.  It would also be good to
have something in the lines of get_maintainers.pl, and create the habit
to Cc the non-global maintainers when submitting patches to some area,
for example.

Thanks,

--
Sergio