Is there a way to keep gdb from stepping into libgcc code?

Alan Lehotsky alehotsky@me.com
Sun Feb 16 19:00:00 GMT 2014

In a port to a pretty low end processor (no multiply instruction), I've got a pretty functional tool chain; passing all but about 300 of the gdb tests

One of the things that I've noticed is that gdb wants to stop inside the runtime.  Is there some way to annotate the assembly language implementation of _mulsi3 (for example) to keep gdb from stopping inside it?

The only special annotations I currently have in the source are

	.global _mulsi3
	.func    _mulsi3
_mulsi3:
	.endfunc

wrapping the body of the implementation.  Or do I need to special case the code in my <target>-tdep.c file to disallow stopping inside runtime support routines?