'Cannot find bounds of current function' when stepping with GDB 7.6 under OS X 10.6 / LLVM GCC 4.2

eranon eric.anon@laposte.net
Thu Feb 6 15:10:00 GMT 2014

What I get could look like what expressed in this thread :
http://sourceware-org.1504.n7.nabble.com/gdb-can-not-debug-hello-world-in-mac-os-x-td107600.html

In addition to the error I told about, at the same time, hitting the "n"
command, I get something like this too :

(gdb) n
0x00003045 in ?? ()

So, the question is maybe : What FSF gdb version should I use to debug a
i386 DEBUG build coming from the LLVM GCC 4.2 shipped with Xcode 4.2 under
OS X 10.6 (and I have OS X 10.8 with Xcode 4.6 too, but didn't installed my
dev environment in full under this station yet) ?