How to implement GDB MI command in Python?

Raphael Zulliger zulliger@indel.ch
Mon Apr 14 07:35:00 GMT 2014

Hi

I'm using Python to extend GDB by new commands. This works fine. Now I'd
like to call these commands from within Eclipse/CDT. Because GDB
supports CLI command in MI-mode, I can call my Python functions by CLI.
BUT It would be better, IMHO, to use MI commands, especially for
GDB/Python commands that return status information and errors.

According to my research, it's not possible to create MI commands by
Python. My questions:
  - Is this correct?
  - If it's correct: Why is that the case? Has it simply not been
implemented or are there technical issues/limitations?

Thanks
Raphael