GDB version information not available

Tejas Chopra tchopra@tensilica.com
Thu May 23 22:38:00 GMT 2013

Hi,

I am working on porting the GNU Debugger for Xtensa Architectures. I
tried porting GDB 7.5.91 and could compile it successfully.
When I try to run it however, I get:

shell> gdb --version
gdb: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by gdb)
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.5.91
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=xtensa-elf".

Now, my system is Fedora 12 and my suspicion is that GDB compiles
assuming a library version that is higher than what my system has. I
wanted to know where inside the GDB source code could I get information
about version information.

Thanks!
Tejas