A new strategy for internals documentation

Steinar Bang sb@dod.no
Wed Aug 21 18:09:00 GMT 2013

>>> *** Doxygen

>>> As a second step, we should adopt Doxygen for the sources, and use it
>>> to generate material for a new area of the website, which will be the
>>> detailed documentation of GDB internals.

>> AFAIK, Doxygen cannot generate an Info manual, only HTML.  If so, this
>> would be a serious downside that you don't mention.

> Hmm, I'm perhaps prejudiced since I haven't looked at any info file in
> probably a decade.  Are many people using them still?

Doxygen can generate output in Docbook XML.  A quick google found me
this tool that can convert Docbook to texinfo:
 http://docbook2x.sourceforge.net/

How well that works I have no idea.

The Docbook output can be converted to a printable manual, and so can
Doxygen's LaTeX output.