A Proposal to Move to Git

Steve Ellcey sellcey@mips.com
Wed Aug 21 15:38:00 GMT 2013

On Tue, 2013-08-20 at 15:12 -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:

> I'd like to do the final switch around mid-September.  Not sooner,
> because I am going to be away for a little while near the end of
> August, and I want to be available to fix problems.
>
> Tom

There was a comment on the gdb list about releasing GDB 7.7 before the
transition, I wonder if it would make sense to release a Binutils 2.24
as well?  In general, I am in favor of the transition and I don't think
doing (or not doing) a binutils 2.24 release should be a blocker for the
move to git, but I wouldn't mind seeing a new release before the
transition.

Steve Ellcey
sellcey@mips.com