A Proposal to Move to Git

Joel Brobecker brobecker@adacore.com
Tue Aug 20 21:19:00 GMT 2013

I've glanced at the plan, and I have to say that I am pretty excited
if this becomes reality :). Thanks for doing this, Tom!

> I'd like to do the final switch around mid-September.  Not sooner,
> because I am going to be away for a little while near the end of
> August, and I want to be available to fix problems.

Also, I think it would be better to just get the 7.7 release out
the door with CVS, allowing us then a few months to transition to
git without impacting any release.  Chance are that, if switching
over to git, I'll rewrite all release scripts rather than adapt them,
as a lot of stuff could be done better, as well as completely
automated instead of semi-manual.

--
Joel