Fwd: Python 3 and GDB

Phil Muldoon pmuldoon@redhat.com
Fri Aug 16 11:48:00 GMT 2013

Forwarding again after gdb list email typo.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Python 3 and GDB
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 12:47:23 +0100
From: Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon@redhat.com>
To: gdb@souceware.org, paul_koning@dell.com

Paul,

I think you did the original conversion for GDB to compile with
Python 3. It seems we still have some stuff in there that could fail
(or, stuff that we introduced later, after your patch).  One example
is "PyString_AsString".

So I was curious if you used any tools to highlight areas of concern
with the Python 2.x -> Python 3 change.  I would be interested in
automating this process, perhaps with the ARI tool, to ensure that all
future commits comply with Python 2 and 3.

Cheers,

Phil