wrong section when using find_pc_section

freenix van.freenix@gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 12:01:00 GMT 2013

On 08/13/2013 02:53 AM, Tom Tromey wrote:
>>> I traced the code and found that it did remove the overlapped sections.
>>> it this a must to remove the overlapped sections? I want to use the
>>> overlapped
>>> sections, but not remove it.  Is there any way that can return the
>>> overlapped sections?
> I don't really know for sure.  I suspect you will run into problems,
> though mostly of the "mystery" kind.  For example, whether fixup_section
> gives the right answer or not will most likely depend on the ordering of
> sections in the objfile -- stuff like that.
Thanks for the reply.
I removed the filter_overlapping_sections function in order not to
remove the
overlapped sections. And do not use bsearch to find the correct section
but using
a sequential search to find the section whose start address is nearest
to pc passed to
find_pc_section. Using this way, find_pc_section can return the
overlapped section,
and gdb can correctly disas.
But not sure whether this is a good way or not, because I think this is
specific to my platform.

Thanks.
Peng