How to share code between [gdb]/gnu-nat.c with [gdb]/gdbserver/gnu-hurd-low.c?

Luis Machado lgustavo@codesourcery.com
Mon Aug 12 12:25:00 GMT 2013

On 08/12/2013 05:36 AM, Yue Lu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When I working with porting gdbserver to GNU/Hurd I found I alway need
> to duplicate code from [gdb]/gnu-nat.c to my new file
> [gdb]/gdb/server/gnu-hurd.low.c. There are too many functions and
> structures can be shared between the two file only need a little
> change or even without any change.
>
> I don't have good ideal to share the code, can you give me any
> suggestions? Thank you.

Any common code you come up with can potentially be included inside
gdb/common. Then you need to make sure both gdb's and gdbserver's
Makefile's are adjusted to match that.

The more you can share, the better. It helps keep things organized that way.

There is an ongoing discussion related to proper naming of files and
paths, but that should not stop you from sharing code anyway.

Luis