user friendly symbol name

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Fri Aug 9 18:23:00 GMT 2013

>>>>> "Pedro" == Pedro Alves <palves@redhat.com> writes:

Pedro> On 08/09/2013 11:22 AM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
>> (gdb) maintenance demangle _ZNSt16nested_exceptionD2Ev
>> std::nested_exception::~nested_exception()

Pedro> Interesting.  It seems a pity this is a maintenance
Pedro> command.  Shouldn't we "upgrade" it to a regular user command?

Yeah, though the command as currently formulated is a bit of a pain.  At
least, I usually forget to "set lang c++" first and then have to go
back.  Similarly, sometimes it would be nice to be able to specify the
language as an argument.

Tom