A new strategy for internals documentation

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Thu Aug 8 20:41:00 GMT 2013

Stan> Although GDB has had an internals manual for many years, nobody has
Stan> been especially happy with it.  It is perennially out of date,
Stan> sometimes majorly so, and it is quite incomplete.  With the passage of
Stan> time, the whole idea of an internals manual has come to seem like a
Stan> throwback to the old days, when the prospective GDB hacker's
Stan> information had to come from either printed books, or tape archives
Stan> downloaded from an FTP site.

Stan> Various ideas for how to fix have been floating around, generally with
Stan> the goal of improving the manual somehow, but nothing has developed
Stan> into action.

Stan> I propose a two-pronged strategy, first migrating the internals manual
Stan> to the wiki, and then introducing Doxygen for source code
Stan> documentation.

It all sounds good to me.  Please get started :-)

Tom