Fwd: disabling NMI rendering breakpoints non-functional?

Kent Tong kent.tong.mo@gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 02:09:00 GMT 2013

> GDB has no clue of NMI, it just tells the target to set a breakpoint at
> some address, or to single-step.  How qemu implements those things
> behind the scenes is up to qemu.

Thanks for the reply! I also figured that. But does the breakpoint if it is
set to a memory address whose content will be overwritten (e.g., loading
instructions into there)? In the past it worked, but now somehow it has
stopped working.

--
Kent Tong
IT author and consultant, child education coach