Fwd: Question regarding core dump debugging using gdb on armv4

Pedro Alves palves@redhat.com
Mon Apr 8 16:56:00 GMT 2013

On 04/08/2013 04:27 AM, Abhijit Ray Chaudhury wrote:
> From your answer it looked like I need lot of ELF parsing , so I think
> I need to invoke user level program when core dump happens.

No big elf parsing, just browsing through some
structures:

  OS auxiliary vector (which the kernel has access to)
   -> find PT_DYNAMIC program header
     -> find DT_DEBUG dyntag
        -> find r_debug
           -> follow r_debug.

But I definitely agree a user level program would be better than
hacking this in the kernel, which IMO wouldn't be likely accepted
upstream.

--
Pedro Alves