gdbserver and following children
Vladimir Prus
vladimir@codesourcery.com
Fri Jun 22 09:49:00 GMT 2012
On 22.06.2012 13:38, Pedro Alves wrote:
> Hi Vladimir,
>
> On 06/22/2012 09:36 AM, Vladimir Prus wrote:
>
>> I cannot quite figure from the documentation whether it is possible, in multi-process mode with gdbserver, to
>> automatically attach to all children?
>
>
> It's not possible.
>
>>
>> I see that http://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/MultiProcess mentions this functionality is living on a branch and not
>> yet ready, but than the page also talks about 7.2. Of course, I can try with CVS HEAD, but it would be hard to
>> separate missing functionality in GDB from missing functionality in my head.
>
>
> Here you'll find a more in depth comparison of gdbserver vs native gdb supported features:
>
> http://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/LocalRemoteFeatureParity
Hi Pedro,
thanks for the link -- it's much more helpful. How hard would it be to implement that 'follow-fork' on gdbserver?
Days, weeks, months?
- Volodya
--
Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Graphics
http://www.mentor.com/embedded-software/
More information about the Gdb
mailing list