What about merge function gen_trace_for_expr and function gen_eval_for_expr together?

Hui Zhu hui_zhu@mentor.com
Tue Jun 12 00:16:00 GMT 2012

Hi guys,

When I read the code, I found that most part of these functions are same:
2c2
< gen_trace_for_expr (CORE_ADDR scope, struct expression *expr)
---
> gen_eval_for_expr (CORE_ADDR scope, struct expression *expr)
12c12
<   trace_kludge = 1;
---
>   trace_kludge = 0;
16,17c16
<   /* Make sure we record the final object, and get rid of it.  */
<   gen_traced_pop (expr->gdbarch, ax, &value);
---
>   require_rvalue (ax, &value);

What about add a new argument for example trace or eval and merge them together?

Thanks,
Hui