Disabling stack access for remote targets?

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil@redhat.com
Sun Jun 3 16:58:00 GMT 2012

On Sun, 03 Jun 2012 18:42:10 +0200, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> Not quite, I don't see memeor attribute "no-access", just ro, wo, and rw.

There is "set mem inaccessible-by-default" for that purpose, default "on",
just do not definy any memory area in that range you do not want to touch.

> Testing for sp == 0 (or sp == ~0) would be much nicer. It would automatically
> disable/enable stack access.

sp == 0 or sp == ~0 are perfectly valid stack addresses on embedded targets.

I have to note I used GDB with embedded targets only very rarely.

Regards,
Jan