Disabling stack access for remote targets?

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund@transmode.se
Sun Jun 3 16:42:00 GMT 2012

Jan Kratochvil <jan.kratochvil@redhat.com> wrote on 2012/06/03 17:16:03:

> On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 16:29:23 +0200, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > This can be devastating for a board that hasn't initialized RAM yet.
> > Would it be possible for a remote target to inform gdb not to touch the
> > stack? In its simplest form one could just test for sp == 0
>
> I guess you want:
>    $ info '(gdb)Memory Region Attributes'

Not quite, I don't see memeor attribute "no-access", just ro, wo, and rw.
Second, this is a static setting, you would have to turn it on or off depending
on where your debug is.

Testing for sp == 0 (or sp == ~0) would be much nicer. It would automatically
disable/enable stack access.

 Jocke