[mingw] gdb eat a lot of memory and slowly when start an inferior

asmwarrior asmwarrior@gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 14:06:00 GMT 2012

On 2012-1-27 19:01, Joel Brobecker wrote:
>> I have two version of gdb build under mingw. One is build from gdb cvs
>> 2012-01-19, and the other is from gdb cvs 2012-01-27.
> [...]
>> Any one can give a direction? I guess the commits between 2012-01-19
>> and 2012-01-27 cause this issue. Mostly the handling shared library
>> patches?
> 8 days worth of commits is a very small number. So if you have git,
> you could try bisect'ing until you find the commit that's responsible.
> That might help narrow down the source of the problem.

Hi, Joel, I did what you suggest. Finally, I definitely found that this issue was introduced by your patch in:

Author: Joel Brobecker
Date: 2012-1-26 12:20:31
Message:
Ada: allow unqualified function names in linespecs

This is the meat, where we replace the old la_symbol_name_compare
language method with the new ada_get_symbol_name_match_p.
It fixes the problem when trying to insert a breakpoint on "+".

gdb/ChangeLog:

         * language.h (symbol_name_match_p_ftype): New typedef.
         (struct language_defn): Replace field la_symbol_name_compare
         by la_get_symbol_name_match_p.
         * ada-lang.c (ada_get_symbol_name_match_p): New function.
         (ada_language_defn): Use it.
         * linespec.c (struct symbol_matcher_data): New type.
         (iterate_name_matcher): Rewrite.
         (iterate_over_all_matching_symtabs): Pass a pointer to
         a symbol_matcher_data struct to expand_symtabs_matching
         instead of just the lookup name.
         * c-lang.c, d-lang.c, jv-lang.c, m2-lang.c, objc-lang.c,
         opencl-lang.c, p-lang.c, language.c: Delete field
         la_symbol_name_compare, and replace by NULL for new field
         la_get_symbol_name_match_p.
         * symfile.h (struct quick_symbol_functions): Update comment.
----
Modified : gdb/ChangeLog
Modified : gdb/ada-lang.c
Modified : gdb/c-lang.c
Modified : gdb/d-lang.c
Modified : gdb/f-lang.c
Modified : gdb/jv-lang.c
Modified : gdb/language.c
Modified : gdb/language.h
Modified : gdb/linespec.c
Modified : gdb/m2-lang.c
Modified : gdb/objc-lang.c
Modified : gdb/opencl-lang.c
Modified : gdb/p-lang.c
Modified : gdb/symfile.h

Can you have a look at this patch? Thanks.

asmwarrior
ollydbg from codeblocks' forum