gdbarch_skip_solib_resolver question

Michael Eager eager@eagerm.com
Tue Jan 10 20:09:00 GMT 2012

I noticed that gdbarch_skip_solib_resolver() invokes
glibc_skip_solib_resolver() on x86, mips, and sh to identify
that gdb is stepping into _dl_runtime_resolve.

On PowerPC, gdbarch_skip_solib_resolver() always returns a zero.

I don't see any problem with gdb stopping in _dl_runtime_resolve
or not stepping over the routine.

So, what does this mean?  Is calling glibc_skip_solib_resolver()
optional?  Or is the handle_inferior_event() code so convoluted
or intelligent that it works even when pieces are missing?

--
Michael Eager	 eager@eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077