UST integration is broken

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Mon Jan 9 14:52:00 GMT 2012

>>>>> "Sergio" == Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj@redhat.com> writes:

Sergio> I also noticed that the header file ust/ust.h is not installed, thus
Sergio> making the configure process useless.  I am sending this message because
Sergio> I am in doubt about what to do: should we completely remove the support
Sergio> from GDB (since according to the commit message above, the
Sergio> implementation is going to be revamp'ed), or just temporarily disable
Sergio> it?  I was going to send a patch for the latter, but decided to ask
Sergio> first.

I would just leave things as they are.  When UST starts using the SDT
probes, we can revisit the situation.

Meanwhile, for your testing, I would just use an older version of UST.

Tom