GDB: problem debugging 32 bit binary on 64 bit machine

Jeff Kenton jkenton@tilera.com
Wed Nov 30 13:35:00 GMT 2011

On 11/29/2011 04:11 PM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 21:58:14 +0100, Jeff Kenton wrote:
>> 0x400000008" (address is above the 32 bit limit).  This is caused by
>> a call to extract_typed_address() from scan_dyntag() reading an 8
>> byte type when it should only be reading 4 bytes.
> ARCH_SIZE there should be 32 and TARGET_GDBARCH should be 32-bit.

This sounds like the basic problem.  Building the 32 bit target_gdbarch
is easy.  What's the best way (place in the code) to detect 32 bit vs.
64 bit binaries and switch between different gdbarch's?

Thanks.