Issue with GDB 7.0 on MIPS(gcc 4.4.1)

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Fri Nov 11 16:31:00 GMT 2011

naveen yadav <yad.naveen@gmail.com> writes:

> I am running one application and it generate core dump. When I run bt .
> (gdb) bt
> #0  wepp (gn=0x5d5f58, ef=0x5c43000, Bytes=429496729, gcOs=0x5c3408f)
> #1  CompactCollect (gn=0x5d5f58, ef=0x5c43000, Bytes=429496729, gcOs=0x5c3408f)
>
> In above case
> we got crash in wepp().
> CompactCollect () is main function and wepp() is another function
> which got called from CompactCollect ().
>
> When I check the assembly wepp() become inline.
> So i got bit surprise when i check that function parameter;s for both
> wepp() and CompactCollect () are same.
>
> So is it correct behaviour ? that calling and calle have same parameter

Without any information about the source code, I don't see how we can
tell whether having the same parameters is correct behaviour or not.

That said, it is certainly possible that the arguments of the inlined
function are not being displayed correctly.  Mainline gcc has gotten
quite a bit better about debug info for inlined functions and in general
for avoiding incorrect display of variables in optimized code.

Ian