Dump values from FPU after each operation

Thomas Baruchel baruchel@gmx.com
Fri Nov 4 08:15:00 GMT 2011

Hi, I have a compiled program with no debugging symbol (and no source if
you want to ask). I would like to know how some floating point value is
made of, and since I know what value I am looking for, I think one easy
way would be to lauch the program and to have on the standard output the
content of the FPU after each operation; I am aware it will be a huge
amount of value, but since I know which value is expected, I could
probably parse this output to grep (with -A / -B options in order to extract
100 lines around the exact matching). But is it possible to do such a thing?

I am aware that dumping these registers will not tell me the operations,
but this is not a big issue; I can probably guess it once I know the
involved floating-point values.

If the data can't be redirect to standard output, I can save it, this is not
the most important. Regards,

--
Thomas Baruchel